By definition, embezzlement is fraudulent appropriation of funds or property
entrusted to your care but actually owned by someone else.
Embezzlement offenses can be committed by:
• Bank officers or employees
• Any officer or employee of the US Postal Service
• Officers of lending, credit or insurance companies
• Any officer or employee of a corporate or association involved in commerce
• Stealing from employment and training funds, programs receiving Federal
funds, and Indian tribal organizations; or selling, conveying, or disposing
of any money, property, records, or thing of value to the United States
• Terminated by employer
• 5 years prison
• $5,000 fine
• Unemployable in a bank
• Tax ramifications
• Damage to family
Need Help or Advice?
Do a zipcode search and An Attorney For You will do its best to find an attorney
to meet your legal needs.